Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Feeling Kicks!

Can you believe it?? Two blogs in one week! ha Just wanted to do a quick baby update! Last week I felt the first baby kick! I will never forget that moment. I had been feeling what many call "flutters" for a little bit, but no substantial kick. I was driving and listening to the radio when all of a sudden BOOM! It took me by surprise and I jumped and gasped a little! I called Matt right away to which he said "I want to feel!!!" We were both so excited!

Since then, there have been many more kicking moments. It still takes me by surprise, and I am always overwhelmed by it! Today, in the middle of a leadership seminar, she kicked four times in a row. I found myself smiling on the brink of laughter. I had to hold back from cracking up! It is an incredible joy that you can't imagine! I am always struck with the thought, "I'm going to be a MOM!!!" Her kicks make it all the more real! It is always funny to me that no one else knows what is going on when I feel like a baby is dancing around inside me! It will be hard to not be completely distracted all the time by her movement!

Below are some photos of the adorable things people have given to us. I always want to giggle when I look at these little girl items! So precious and small! Can't wait until a baby is here to fill them!
Can you believe how cute?
My personal favorite...thanks Nicole!
PINK STUFF!
Random pic of our first born...Gus!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys! Annabella has those little jellies and she gets compliments on them ALL the time. You will love dressing up your little girl, it's so fun!

L. Aja

Jason said...

im just glad to be around to hear you complain and ask me to get you a water bottle 6 inches away from you!! LOL Love you guys and i'm super excited for you two! cant wait to see little H.

Anonymous said...

I love gussssssssss! Haha miss and love you
Call me

Love auntie jessie

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy for you guys! A GIRL!!! So cool!! I can't wait to visit, your place looks awesome and I miss you and so does Santa Barbara!

Anonymous said...

Was happy to know you have a blog.I know you are busy with school and work so probably don't have a lot of time to blog. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you probably by Thursday night. It will be a long ride but should be fun, too, with everyone being together.
Love, Grandma